Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Carriage House Samplings "Enchanted"

What a quick little project!  
This is Carriage House Samplings, "Enchanted".
I have stitched several Carriage House Samplings projects in the past, including...1814 Butterfly Collection, Sarah Hook, Halfpenny Pasture...and have several more patterns in my stash...(Wow...I didn't realize how attracted I am to  the Carriage House designs!)...and of the bunch, this little pattern has been the quickest stitch, taking about 3 weeks start to finish.  (I am not a rapid needle!)
It was a very pleasant project, which I stitched on Lakeside Linen in "Dill", 40 count.

I changed the the original pattern, as you can see, replacing the date with a Bible verse that kept running through my head as I stitched, Psalms 42:1.  How lucky to be able to use the same numbers as in the pattern!  I just had to figure out a way to fit 'Psalms' into the small space.  Abbreviating worked.

Then I added my initials...
...and was happily finished.

If you want a project you don't have to think about much and is completely relaxing, this is the pattern for you.

Cost?
Pattern (at time of my purchase): $10.00
11.5" x 12" piece of Lakeside Linen, 40 ct.:  $6.38
Regular ol' DMC called for in the pattern: under $2.00

If you have any Carriage House Samplings recommendations, I'd love to hear about them and see links to your posts!  


2 comments:

  1. Love this! Really pretty, and even better when they're quick to stitch up. I'm a huge CHS fan as well as Kathy Barrick. Do you follow Kathy's blog? She has several new charts being released any day now. I'm so happy she's designing charts again after some years of not releasing any new charts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin! I do follow Kathy's blog...it's my happy place ;-)
      I'm excited to hear that there are new releases in the works! Thanks for the heads-up!!

      Delete