Tuesday, May 15, 2012

1814 Butterfly Collection...Finished

I finished the 1814 Butterfly Collection a couple weeks ago.  Just been so terribly busy lately that I haven't had time to post the completed project.  So, with a few spare minutes...here goes...

Yes, it's done...
I wish I could say it was one of my more enjoyable projects, but...  

There were parts I did like... ;)
So cute.

And parts that made me want to chuck the whole thing...
Satin Stitch...ugh...just never looks right for me...

Petit Point...let's just say, I value what is left of my eye sight.

In the end, I'd say I loved working with the colors, especially after the couple large bland projects I'd recently completed,  though had I realized the stitches it contained...I may have passed on this one.
I'm not a wuss about embroidery stitches, there are just 2 or 3 I avoid...this had 2 of those!  (But hey!...no french knots!!) Argh.

So I now bid farewell to the collection...
And move on to....OH NO!  What have I done?!

More butterflies.....sigh.
Guess I just hadn't exhausted my butterfly patterns.  This is the last...


Signing off for now...

4 comments:

  1. Marvelous work! And the colors are very cute. Blue like the sky and the sea and beige like the sand beach... I love this.
    Hugs
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was fun watching butterfly after butterfly appear on the linen!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I used to cross stitch before kids...my mom was an avid stitcher and taught me and it was just so relaxing. Maybe I'll pick it up again someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better than Prozac! Seriously, I love x-stitching, but time is certainly an issue these days. And...I know what you mean...I did a lot of things before kids, lol! Thanks for chatting!

      Delete