Tuesday, March 13, 2012

1814 Butterfly Collection

Well, the needle is back in my hand.  I've been busily working on the 1814 Butterfly Collection pattern by Carriage House Samplings.  I love their patterns and the pretty turquoise colors in the piece really caught my eye.

I'm at the halfway mark right now...
...and slowly gaining ground.  It's going a lot slower than I expected though.  There is a lot more detail to some of those little guys than I realized.  My least favorite part?  Yes, I have one...the petit point stitches.  There are about 8-9 butterflies that are done in petit point and I'm afraid my eyes just aren't what they once were. 

This little fella is my favorite so far...
...easy, simple, straight forward cross stitch.
Don't look at my work too carefully...remember petit point is my enemy and I'm not all that thrilled with satin stitching either!

Tonight I'll probably fill in my friend below and hopefully finish up the center column by the end of the week.

I've decided that this is the year that I need to finish up or just plain clear out some projects from my craft room.  I have a pile of cross stitching to do...and sewing...and knitting.  It's gotten out of control.  Maybe one day, I'll take pictures of my stash and share.  I always enjoy looking at other folks goodies, so why not.

Off I flit...

No comments:

Post a Comment