Monday, November 21, 2011

Reusing Packing Paper in the Kitchen, One Easy Idea

With cookie season right around the corner, I thought I'd throw this idea out into the blogosphere.
With all the boxes that will be coming and going through the mail, I imagine you'll be receiving quite a few that are stuffed with packing paper.

Today, when I couldn't find newspaper to place under my wax paper, I remembered I had a whole pile of packing paper I was saving for repackaging boxes.  I don't normally place paper under my wax paper, but today I wasn't in the mood to scrub the wax residue off the counter when I was done.  This was my tired mom's remedy.
These are being shipped to my daughter overseas...
If I reuse the paper yet again and pack her box with it, I wonder if it will smell yummy?

Nova thinks they are going to her...
Here is the recipe, though in the US I believe it's in everyone's recipe box. This is my Grandmother's version.

No-Bake Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookies

1 c. margarine or butter
1 c. milk
4 T. cocoa
4 c. sugar
1 c. peanut butter
6 c. oatmeal (quick oats)

Mix margarine, milk, cocoa, and sugar together in a large pot and bring to a full boil.  Boil 1 minute.  Remove from heat.  Add peanut butter.  When well mixed add oatmeal, stir until well mixed.  Drop on waxed paper to harden.
*for peanut butter cookies, leave out the cocoa!

 The packing paper did the trick and I get to rest a little longer before dinner goes into the oven.  Lemon Chicken...mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment