Saturday, November 19, 2011

China Glaze "Material Girl" & Orly "Prince Charming"

With the holiday season on the horizon, all the big manufacturers are out with their new lines of glitter nail polish.  After perusing my brand new Ulta, I found a new favorite...
China Glaze's Material Girl...
...one of their new 3D nail glitters.  I love it.
The pink is a beautiful pale color and the glitter has an iridescence to it.  It goes on a little heavier than I'd like though.  The glitter is very dense in the clear polish base, so it's not very build-able.  I would have preferred that it go on light and build to a solid covering in a few coats.  As it is...it's done in two, so you'll need a very light hand if you just want it for highlighting over another color....my preferred choice.

Left to Right...One coat...Two coats...Three coats.
See how chunky it is?  A good thing and a bad thing all at the same time.  Definitely use a top coat with this polish.  It will bring out the brilliance and smooth out the ridges from the chunky glitter.



With fall still in full swing, I am still pulling out my browns and taupes, so I thought I'd try this combination!
China Glaze "Material Girl" and Orly "Prince Charming".


 (excuse my nails...still haven't recovered from canning season)
Doesn't every Material Girl need a Prince Charming?  Or is it the other way around?
Very pretty combination.

See you after Thanksgiving!  Enjoy your families.

"Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor, and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me "to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness. Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be." 
October 3, 1789--George Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment