Monday, April 25, 2011

Sprouting!

 (For starters...I am in no way affiliated with the producers of the product below, just wanted to share a good, cheap find with y'all and something I enjoy!  This is not a tutorial rather a review.)

Recently I decided that I'd like to give sprouting another chance.  I say another because I used to grow my own sprouts and gave it up, mostly the fault of a horrible sprouter (me?).  So I went to the Internet and started poking around and this is what I found...Easy Sprout.

It makes the most beautiful sprouts.  Much, much better than you'll find in your local grocery store.

Easy Sprout comes with everything you need except a recommended mesh bag.  They suggest using an old onion/potato bag, which works really well, or nylons.  What you do is place the sprouter in the bag, spin it around a dozen times or so and through it's drainage system, it spins off any excess water off through centrifugal force.  Why didn't I ever think of that?

I use alfalfa, radish and broccoli seeds for sprouting.  Sometimes alone and sometimes mixed in different combinations.
Left to right, top to bottom...
Alfalfa, Broccoli
Radish, Mixed seeds (a purchased mix of clover, alfalfa, fenugreek, & radish)

With the cost of groceries rising and summer warmth on the way (to aid the sprouting process), I think it's definitely something you should consider trying.  It's super fast, simple, tasty and economical...all wins!!
Here is a link to the Amazon site where I found my sprouter or check your local health food store.  In my book , it gets two solid thumbs up.
Now this is my idea of "going green"...

No comments:

Post a Comment