Sunday, November 21, 2010

Steamed Pudding

While looking for something to make for the holiday dessert table, I stumbled across this recipe in my pile of "gotta try this" print outs.  Here's what ensued!
Caramel Apple Steamed Pudding...courtesy of Martha Stewart and co...

(Why do I keep thinking of Charles Dickens?)
Though this was very labor intensive, it would be a smashing addition to either Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinner.  While I didn't think the batter was that tasty (yep, I'm a bowl scraper), the "pudding" turned out better than I'd hoped!  Very moist and not overly sweet...and when finished it actually resembled the photo Martha provided!  Amazing.
All being said, I would make this for company...but will stick to my catalog of holiday pies for now.  I just don't have the time necessary to pull this rich creation off and not be stressed out of my mind (time-wise).

 You can find the recipe here and an Amazon link for the pudding mold I have.

So folks, have a marvelous Thanksgiving and enjoy every moment with your friends and family.





No comments:

Post a Comment