Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Brownie Battle

I'm a ba-a-d girl (whined like Lou Costello for pathetic-like effect).

My husband called me on the carpet today for always carrying on about wanting to lose weight and then the next second making something to sink my ship.  Today, it was brownies.  I couldn't help it.  I issued an open invitation to some visiting friends to come over and barbecue, so what was I to do....I needed a dessert!  If they came, problem solved, everyone would partake and I would be free of temptation, if not....well...it's a sad but familiar story.

I took the easy way out and used one of our Trader Joe's Brownie Truffle baking mixes, which I argued eliminated another potential problem from the cupboard.  He argued back that I'd probably go out and replace it on the next shopping trip.  My quick retort?....Nuh-uh....  Okay.  I think I lost the war on that one, forget the battle.

Why is it I can't get my act together?  I try and try and try and try and crash and burn every time.  It's like I'm self defeating.  Really, I like myself pretty well.  I have good self esteem.  I love my God, family, friends and country.  I'm nice to small animals and properly fear the big ones.  Honestly, I'm not generally crazy about kids, 'cept my own (don't judge), but I don't make rotten faces at them or steal their suckers!  So WHY am I not able to pull together this one small aspect of my life!  Ugh.

Our friends have yet to confirm a date for tonight.  I hope they come....I need ammunition...and extra mouths to feed.  The brownies cannot be allowed to win.  Neither can my husband...

No comments:

Post a Comment